In this section you will find out more about the specific qualifications that enable
you to be eligible to compete for the titles of Miss Lexington and Miss Metropolitan. If you have any specific
questions regarding any information presented on this website, please email us and let us know. We are here to help!
For information about the specific areas of competition, click on the above for "Information about the Miss America
Qualifications to become Miss Lexington/Metropolitan:
- You must be at least 17 years of age and a senior in high school and no older than 24
on September 30, 2005.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- There are three ways in which someone can be eligible to compete in Miss Lexington/Metropolitan.
You could be a resident of Kentucky for at least six months (with proof of official document establishing residency,
ie driver's license). You could be a student at a college or university in Kentucky, having completed at least one semester
as a full time student (at least 12 credit hours) and presently be enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at
an accredited college or university (must submit proof). You could also be a full-time employee working in Kentucky
(at least 40 hours per week in Kentucky) for at least six months immediately prior to this competition and still
employed at the present time (must show proof).
- You must have been born female.
- You are not now nor have you ever been married.
- You are not now pregnant nor have you ever been pregnant. You are not the adoptive
parent of any child.
- You are of good moral character and have not been involved at any time in any act of
- Other than minor or petty offenses, you have never been convicted of any criminal offense and
there are no criminal charges presently pending against you.
If you have any specific questions about any of the above mentioned criteria, please let
us know. More details are available in the contestant contract you will receive once your application has been submitted.